Sunday, July 24, 2005

Wow. Just... just wow.

Late night post to let you all know the good news. But to tell you the good news I have to back-up a bit and give you some background.

Ok. Before my Jojo website was up, there was another website that had the best information for Jojo. It was pretty up-to-date and well visited. It was called, quite simply, the "Jojo FAQ". It was featured in a magazine or two. Very cool. Ok.

Come to find out that the guy who ran it (Jason) got a job with VIZ Comics. VIZ is the company that is translating Jojo's Bizarre Adventure into English. Well, tonight I got an email from none other than Jason:

Hello Noriaki,

I was thinking about your new website and I have a weird question for
you... would you be interested in taking over my JoJo FAQ for me? ;)

It's not that I'm tired of doing the FAQ... actually, the problem is that I am now working on the JoJo manga for Viz, and I'm worried that some Viz person might realize that I do the FAQ and get pissed off that I'm giving away semi-secret information. Also, I'm worried that I will be unable to objectively talk about the English version of the manga, since I work on it.

So, if you would like to take over the hosting of the FAQ, that'd be fine
by me. Feel free to modify it, although of course I'd prefer if you kept
my old version somewhere and credited me. ;)

Alternately, if you don't want to take over the FAQ, that's fine too. I
don't want to hit you with a big burden. Like I said, I'd be happy to keep
maintaining it (as much as I *do* maintain it... :/ ), but I'm just a
little anxious that it might be a conflict-of-interest now that I'm
actually working on the manga.

Let me know what you think!

Sincerely,
Jason


I think my heart stopped. I immediately sent a reply back saying yes. I'm going to keep the site the way he made it, link to the site directly from my new front page and... be the webmaster of two of the three largest Jojo FAQ sites in North America.

With my finishing the front page, spending some great quality time with my wife, finishing the new Harry Potter book, and doing well in computer Go... this has been a great weekend.

0 comments: