Tuesday, July 12, 2005

New Web Browser

Well, I have been suggested by a few friends recently that if I am to surf safely on an IBM that I should NOT NEVER NO-HOW EVER EVER EVER use Internet Explorer.

Why? Well it seems that the nasties that people get are made specifically for people who use that browser. I asked some computer people in our building and they stated that they too use alternate browsers.

The one most highly suggested was FireFox. It's free, has lots of automatic stuff, and will transfer your links, history, and cache over so you don't lose anything in the transfer. So I downloaded it and am using it right now.


It's a bit strange to get used to, but I think I can handle it. And, you know me, the fewer buggies that get into my computer the better!

Another choice that was highly suggested from my friend Brad and another computer guy was Opera, but I think i'll work with Firefox.

0 comments: