Wednesday, June 01, 2005

My wife got me an early Anniversary gift...

I got a Kilt this weekend!

Jen has been asking me what I would like for an anniversary gift, and I haden't a clue. Then, last week (Thursday I think), I had a dream.

I deamt that I wore kilts other than jeans. I had 4 sports kilts (lighter weight kilts), one nice dress kilt (like I got married in), and 1 pair of levis and 1 dress slacks. And I wore kilts all the time.

I woke up and told her that I wanted a sports kilt for our anniversary.

So, we were walking at Territory Days on Sunday and we happened by the Celtic Broker booth. He had sports kilts for $89 and $99. I thought about how much I could spend, and I thought that I had enough. So I start to get my wallet out and then Jen gets out her credit card and tells me "Happy early anniversary". I LOVE THIS WOMAN!

So I have been wearing it everywhere. I wore it all Saturday, Memorial day, and I wore it today to work. It's been very awesome and I will get more and wear them more. Dunno if i'll wear them like I did in the dream (all the time)... we'll see...
***********
Also, my friend Josh is going to California to live for a while and is going to have a Karaoke night on Saturday evening at a bar on Academy and Dublin. I love karaoke.

Normal songs I sing at karaoke bars:
Mac The Knife (always start with this), China Girl, I'm Too Sexy (in a Scottish-accent), Short Skirt/Long Jacket... wow.

I need to get new songs in my repitoire! I would L-O-V-E to find someone who does 'Under Pressure' well enough to do a duet... like David Bowie and Annie Lennox did at the Freddie Mercury benefit concert. AH! I'll never forget the way they did it. Wow.
***********
And congratulations to my good friend Trevor for graduating High-School. I didn't make the ceremony, but I have a graduation gift for him when we have a new CHEET night. He got me the 'Kingdom Hearts' soundtrack for the hollidays... VERY cool. Collin and Trev always get me such nice gifts.

0 comments: