Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Seasons: 26 hours 34 minutes FINISHED!//Wind Waker: 2 hours 13 minutes



Man, has it really been THAT long? Well, I made it through "Oracle of Seasons" and forgot to take the screen image. I'll try from my save area and take one later on... but onward I venture to "Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

As for "Seasons", it was a pretty good game. Being on the GB AND the GBA was a neat twist as certain things were available in the GBA version that weren't in the other.

All in all nothing really surprised me though. The seasons were fun to work through and finding ways to get to areas unavailable in 3 of the 4 seasons was quite the challenge.

The story was lacking greatly though, in my opinion. From Ocarina and Majora's deep and entertaining storylines to go back to a 1 dimensional pattern was very disappointing.

But my love of the 2/3 view of the original will never waver, I feel, and it was great to have another game that harkened to the one that started it all... although the difficulty was not very difficult at all and that was a bit of a disappointment.

So, for all its retro fun and all its faults, I give Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons one snowball Wario and one spring Wario... for the seasons of winter and spring. A good game if you can find it, but don't expect much out of it.


Now, my journey is drawing closer to the Wii... but first, I have two more games to complete. The first of these is the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker for the Game Cube.



I will be playing this game on the Game Cube as I have been attempting to play all the games I get on the actual systems.

Already a few hours into it, I love the cel-shaded look of the game and the fun storyline. It's gonna be easy to get back to being used to a joystick instead of a D-pad.

0 comments: