Monday, February 19, 2007

Yowza Yowza Yowza!


Without using another wish and with a level 1 sword (still don't know where the damn power-up is) I beat (what I am suspecting to be) shadow Ganon! 18 hours and 20 minutes. Wow! That was a tough game!

Now, the review.

Placing the small GameBoy cartridge into my handheld, I became apprehensive at what I was about to experience... that's $5 speak for "What am I getting myself into?" I was worried that having gotten used to the graphics and gameplay that the SNES gave me that I would be poorly disappointed in this GameBoy sequel. Needless to say that I was pleasantly surprised.

I really enjoyed the storytelling of this game compared to other GameBoy games... and that's the first thing that comes to mind when rating this game. I really liked how it gave you a story and made it enjoyable. Cut scenes, movies, and pauses in movement really brought across a wonderful emotional story.

As for the graphics, I couldn't be happier. Game transitions (like Super Mario Land to Super Mario Land 2 where they tried to incorporate Super Mario Bros. 3 graphics) for the GameBoy usually do not succeed. However, I was amazed at how they really gave the game the FEEL of the SNES cart for the handheld.

As for the actual gameplay... it was difficult. I was able to get through with just one wish (see previous reports) but the whole rest of the game was really tough to decypher. Making something tough is one thing... not telling a player a vital thing (using two items to make a third item) is really bad.

But, for making such an enjoyable, but difficult game, I give The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening three Nixon Warios. I AM NOT A CROOK!!!


Now, I prepare for the highly lauded Ocarina of Time. Nuff said. I will be working on the BS Legend of Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets before that... so look for my next review to be on this 4 hour game.

0 comments: