Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Firsts (from my MySpace friends)

EVERYONE HAS THEIR FIRSTS

FIRST REAL BEST FRIEND: Scott Johnson (Elementary school in Boulder)

FIRST SCHOOL:
Washington Elementary (Boulder, CO)

FIRST CELL PHONE: A first I never intend to have... yup... I'm cell-phone-less

FIRST FUNERAL: Genna Burkhart (my first cousin who was still-born)

FIRST PET: Puck (a guinea pig)

FIRST BIG TRIP: I'm gonna say "by myself" and make it from Boulder to Denver on a Grayhound Bus in the 70's.

FIRST FIGHT:
Junior High. First time I ever was in a fight and fought back. I was beat on many times, but it was never a fight.

FIRST CELEBRITY CRUSH: Snow White. Oh... real life? Um... AH! First grade... Jodie Foster...Freaky Friday. I liked how her hair covered one eye...

FIRST TIME OUT OF THE COUNTRY?: Just came back from that. Japan.

FIRST JOB:
King Soopers in 1987

FIRST MYSPACE FRIEND: My wife, Jennifer (known as 'Jennifer Valentine' on MySpace)

EVERYONE HAS THEIR LASTS

LAST PERSON YOU HUGGED: My wife... this morning

LAST CAR RIDE: I drove to work this morning too

LAST TIME YOU CRIED?:
CRAP! This morning. Weird. Had a bad dream that I was singing the song "Do You Love Me" from "Fiddler on the Roof" with Jennifer (my wife) as we were sitting on the edge of the bed. When we got to the very last lines of the song:

(Tevye)
Then you love me?

(Golde)
I suppose I do

... Jennifer fades away like a ghost leaving me on the bed... alone. In my dream she was never really there... she had died years earlier and what was singing with me was just a phantom of my memories. Her hand on mine is the last thing to fade away. And I finish the song "I suppose, I love you too". I wake up, and I'm crying.

LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED:
The Prestige

LAST FOOD YOU ATE: Jalapeno flavored potato chips and a Pepsi

LAST ITEM BOUGHT: Jalapeno flavored potato chips and a Pepsi

LAST SHIRT WORN: The one I have on... DUH!

LAST PHONE CALL: From my wife on Monday.

LAST TEXT MESSAGE: N/A

LAST THING YOU TOUCHED: computer keyboard...DUH!

LAST FUNERAL: see; First Funeral (above)

LAST TIME AT THE MALL: Sunday.

LAST TIME YOU WERE EXCITED FOR SOMETHING: The Nintendo Wii... just a few minutes ago... now, after typing this, I'M EXCITED AGAIN!!!

LAST PERSON YOU SAW:
A co-worker

LAST THING YOU DRANK: pepsi.... to go along with my jalapeno flavored potato chips.

LAST PERSON THAT BROKE YOUR HEART: My grandfather... for dying. But, then again, he died of a broken heart when his wife passed away six weeks earlier. I miss him.

LAST TIME YOU WERE REALLY HONESTLY HAPPY?: This morning after the dream and my wife holding me (like the whimpery-soft-hearted-goof-ball that I am...)

0 comments: