Thursday, December 14, 2006

Hmmm... I think I can do this...

Thanks to Collin for "Tag-you're-it"-ing me into this.

The thing is that I am very straightforward as to who I am and things about my past (even recently). Some of this may shock those of you who know little to nothing about me... some of this may not even surprise those of you who do. But, unlike Collin's, this will be the truth. This isn't a confessional (that'll be my 55th birthday present to everyone) it's just some cool tid-bits about me that I think might be interesting.

1) Justin Carmical is not my real name (well, not my FULL real name). My name when I was born was Justin Spencer Patrick. When my mother got divorced, she changed my name to Justin Spencer Carmical, but the clerk got it wrong and my real name became (and is still) Justin Spencer Patrick Carmical.

2) I'm bad at keeping secrets. VERY BAD. But the thing is, there is really only one childhood secret that I have kept... and I STILL have never told anyone. And I never intend to. My friend Mike shares the same secret, although I don't know if he has ever told anyone. It's silly, I know, and it really doesn't affect anyone... but it's nice to have at least one secret in your life from when you were growing up with friends.

3) While living in Boulder, Colorado (while growing up) I had two friends who were twin siblings One-Free (the boy) and Fire-Genni (the girl) Foster. With our friend (my first best friend) Scott Johnson we went all over our local neighborhood exploring, playing, and getting into trouble. They were my first really true friends that I can remember. We would go swimming at the rec-center, catch "garter snakes" in the empty lot behind our housing area, we'd always sleep over at our respective houses. One-Free even showed me my first 'virtual breasts' when he secretly showed us all his dad's copy of 'Heavy Metal Magazine'. Oooh... scandalous. Scott Johnson later showed me his dad's copy of Playboy magazine to fulfill my step into depravity.

4) Collin put one "bad thing" he did so I guess I should too. So, I must confess that one day in elementary school (I want to say 4th grade), One-Free got a can of Skoal (yes, THAT Skoal) and talked me into getting on top of the school roof to 'dip' with him. Wow. They 'felt' a 'buzz' of some sort, but I swear I dipped more than they did simply because I felt nothing and kept adding more to my mouth and kept it in there longer than they did. Eventually, we spit it out and got off of the roof and went to play somewhere. We were BIG into Battle of the Planets, so we probably did that.

5) The five people that I would have extra-marital relations with (in order): Grace Jones (I'd leave anyone for Grace Jones), David Bowie, Princess Peach (I don't know of a rule forbidding a 'fictional character' from being in this kind of list!), Tori Amos (gasp... red hair... so hawt), and Jennifer Tilly (swoon).

Mike, Jen, Paul, Ed, and Ty... 'tag'.

0 comments: