Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Favorite Movies

Going on the line that Derek's newest podcast (podcast 11) goes on. Personally, I cannot say that I can put more than three movies of any genre on here. There's lots of good movies... but we're talking favorites here. And I cannot put 'Foreign' as a category since the sheer number of movies from other countries are making their way into theatres is rising daily. This list also includes 'guilty favorites'.

Horror/Scary:
*The Ring - this was just good scary. Little to no blood and gore... it was just scary.

Romance:
*Amelie

Superhero:
*Batman Begins
*X-Men 2
*Superman Returns

Adventure:
*Raiders of the Lost Ark
*Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Sci-Fi:
*The Matrix (the first movie)
*Star Trek IV

Comedy:
*Tampopo
*Geisha Boy - And it's probably because I like Japan and Jerry
*Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Drama (given that I hate dramas):
*Bin-jip ('3-Iron' in the USA)
*Stalag 17

Family:
*Adventures of Mark Twain (claymation)
*Matilda
*Nanny McPhee

Musical
*Jesus Christ Superstar
*My Fair Lady

Animated:
*The Emperor's New Groove
*My Neighbor Totoro
*Howl's Moving Castle

All-time favorite (like Best Movie in the Oscars... it can be any genre):
*Night at the Opera

Keep in mind that I may like other movies, but these are my favorites. They may be bad movies to some, but if I want to watch these movies over and over... and even own them... then they're my favorites.

0 comments: