Monday, June 20, 2005

I hate it there...

I'm back from my trip to Chicago. I am still taking another week off so I can do some real relaxing because, DAMN, I really didn't like Chicago.

Greektown was nice as was Chinatown, some of the restaurants were nice (extremely overpriced, but nice), and we saw a lot of cool things that you could only find in Chicago.

BUT... the stuff in-between (75% of Chicago) just put me ill at ease. Let me describe it by paraphrasing the words of a one Spider Jerusalem:

"I hate it here.

I hate the way it smells(go to a McDonalds on a summer day and poke your nose into their dumpster at 3:00pm and take a whiff... that's almost all of Chicago). I hate the way it looks. I hate the way it thinks. I hate the things it does to itself. I hate the way it loves me and I hate the way it makes me feel. I hate it here."


I liked some people I met and some of the places I went... but the town as a whole? They can have it! Give me the Springs any day.

I'll post more as the week gets on.

0 comments: